Nominations are now open for Louisiana REALTORS® REALTOR® of the Year & Lawrence R. DeMarcay, Jr. Distinguished Service Award. Nominees can be submitted and recipients will be recognized at a luncheon during the Spring Into Action Conference held in April. Both awards are aimed to showcase an individual who has volunteered their time in service of the real estate industry. Deadline to submit nomindations is March 1, 2019. For questions, please contact Terri Meyer.
REALTOR® of the Year
The purpose of the REALTOR® of the Year Award is as follows:
· To recognize and award REALTOR® members of the State Association for effort and work expended in the interest of their fellow REALTORS® and REALTOR®-ASSOCIATES®, their profession and the community.
· To demonstrate to the general public, by those outstanding examples, the work done by REALTORS®.
· To point up the qualifications of those REALTORS® best fitted to be considered for leadership positions in organized real estate.
· To foster a spirit of competition among those who are in a position to do the real productive work of the local Boards, the State Association and the National Association of REALTORS®.
REALTOR® of the Year nomination requirements are as follows:
· Each local board, LR director, and state chapters of the Institutes, Societies and Councils of NAR are encouraged to submit the name or names of nominees for REALTOR® of the Year to the State Association.
· The information should not be prepared by a public relations firm and should not exceed ten (10) pages in length.
· A current photograph of the candidate must be e-mailed to Terri Meyer at email@example.com.
· Nominees submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
· The current state president and the immediate past state president are not eligible for the award and should not be nominated.
· No nomination is permitted by a member of the Awards & Recognition Committee.
· The runner up in the REALTOR® of the Year balloting process shall be an automatic nominee in the following year’s award. The staff of Louisiana REALTORS® is authorized to update that nominee’s submission materials.
REALTOR® OF THE YEAR AWARD NOMINATIONS TO INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING :
NAME OF NOMINEE
NOMINEE OFFICE/FIRM NAME
NOMINEE LOCAL BOARD OR INSTITUTE AFFILIATION
PROVIDE DESCRIPTION OR DOCUMENTATION TO SUPPORT NOMINATION BASED UPON THE CRITERIA AS INDICATED IN STANDARDS FOR SELECTION
Louisiana REALTORS® will honor the recipient at the Spring Conference held in Baton Rouge. A press release will be prepared and sent to local and state media outlets. A current picture is required to be e-mailed with the submission and additional information may be e-mailed if the person or body making the nomination desires to do so.
NOMINATIONS ARE DUE ON OR BEFORE MARCH 1ST.
View the full list of REALTOR® of the Year recipients, here.
Lawrence R. DeMarcay, Jr. Distinguished Service Award
The Lawrence R. DeMarcay, Jr. Distinguished Service Award is not an award given every year, but when there is a qualified and deserving recipient we present this award to that REALTOR® member who has provided guidance and leadership to this great organization.
The Lawrence R. DeMarcay, Jr. Distinguished Service Award is given in honor of Lawrence R. DeMarcay, Jr., a distinguished Louisiana REALTOR® who served as President in 1982. It recognizes the member who has contributed greatly to the REALTOR® organization.
To be considered for the Lawrence R. DeMarcay, Jr. Distinguished Service Award a member must have:
· Attained the age of 50 and/or have at least 15 years of service in Louisiana REALTORSâ, including leadership positions in the local board and state association. Candidates must still be active at all levels of the REALTOR® organization.
· A valid real estate license as a broker or broker-salesperson and be currently active in the real estate industry.
· Been recognized as a local leader whose performance of service and involvement in political and/or community activities is extraordinary.
· Local boards and elected members of the Board of Directors may nominate candidates for the Lawrence R. DeMarcay, Jr. Distinguished Service Award.
· There can be more than one nominee per local board; however, the Awards & Recognition Committee strongly encourages each board to nominate only one person for the Distinguished Service Award per year.
· Only nominations submitted on the official nomination form will be considered. Nominations that do not follow this exact format will be discarded.
· A current photograph of the candidate must be e-mail to Terri Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Nominations are not carried over from year to year. Nominees from the previous year will not be automatically reconsidered. A new nomination form must be submitted for consideration each year.
· The Awards & Recognition Committee will review all nomination forms that are submitted to it for consideration and will eliminate those candidates who do not qualify, or those whose forms do not follow the established guidelines.
· All Distinguished Service Award forms submitted for consideration are kept strictly confidential. All materials submitted become the property of the Louisiana REALTORSâ and will not be returned.
Louisiana REALTORS® will honor the recipient at the Spring Conference held in Baton Rouge. A press release will be prepared and sent to local and state media outlets.
Nominations to be completed using this form. A current picture is required to be e-mailed to Terri Meyer at email@example.com and additional information may be e-mailed if the person or body making the nomination desires to do so.
NOMINATIONS ARE DUE ON OR BEFORE MARCH 1ST.
Recipients of this award include:
2017 - Lynda Nugent Smith
2014 - Andrea McKey
2010 - Connie Kyle & Bruce Roberts
2009 - Lynda Butler
2008 - Marbury Little
2007 - Bill Flavin
2006 - Carole B. Horn
2003- Conchita L. Sulli