Nominations are now open for Louisiana REALTORS® REALTOR® of the Year & Lawrence R. DeMarcay, Jr. Distinguished Service Award. Nominees can be submitted and recipients will be recognized at a luncheon during the Spring Into Action Conference held in April. Both awards are aimed to showcase an individual who has volunteered their time in service of the real estate industry. Deadline to submit nomindations is March 1, 2018. For questions, please contact Terri Meyer.
REALTOR® of the Year
The REALTOR® of the Year award was first established in 1958 to recognize a REALTOR® who has contributed most to the advancement of his profession and the community at large during the current year. The following standards are used in choosing the REALTOR® of the year.
1. REALTOR® Spirit (25%) - High principles, faithfulness to laws and regulations of the Code of Ethics and local Board, and furtherance of principles of good real estate practice among brokers, salespersons and the general public.
2. Civic Activity (15%) - Local, state and national level participation in civic and service clubs, charitable activities, political commissions, fraternal or religious groups, etc.
3. Business Accomplishments (15%) - Recognized good business conduct, service to clients, imaginative and creative advertising programs, rehabilitation work, land utilization, etc.
4. Local Board Activity (20%) - Board offices and committee work, special assignments, seminar activity and education work, membership and offices held in local Chapters of the Institutes, Societies and Councils, etc.
5. State Association Activity (20%) - Offices held and committee work, attendance and participation at state conventions, directors’ meetings, educational conferences, etc.
6. National Association Activity (5%) - National offices and committee work, membership and work in the Institutes, Societies and Councils, attendance at national conventions, etc.
In addition to being recognized by Louisiana REALTORS®, recipients of this award go on and are recognized at the National Association of REALTORS® Annual Conference & Expo. Recent honorees include:
View the full list of REALTOR® of the Year recipients, here.
Lawrence R. DeMarcay, Jr. Distinguished Service Award
The Lawrence R. DeMarcay, Jr. Distinguished Service Award is not an award given every year, but when there is a qualified and deserving recipient we present this award to that REALTOR® member who has provided guidance and leadership to this great organization.
The selection criteria includes contributions on the national, state and local levels of the REALTOR® organization, as well as service to the community. The candidate must be a local leader with extraordinary service and involvement in political and community activities.
Recipients of this award include:
2014 - Andrea McKey
2010 - Connie Kyle & Bruce Roberts
2009 - Lynda Butler
2008 - Marbury Little
2007 - Bill Flavin
2006 - Carole B. Horn
2003- Conchita L. Sulli