As a REALTOR® you have the opportunity to be a vital resource for people as they make the biggest transaction in their lives. Entrusting someone to help find them and their family a place that they will call home, or to sell their home is a tremendous responsibility. These dealings feature a lot of moving parts as well as personal connection; making professionalism a must for every REALTOR®. Of course some moments can be more frustrating than others; this is where a few etiquette tips can keep you sharp, polite, professional, and successful.
- Always maintain eye contact
- Be punctual
- Keep listing information promptly updated
- Always leave a home the way you find it
- Promptly respond to texts, emails, and phone calls
- Always answer your phone with a professional greeting
- Dress professionally, not casually
- Keep your social media accounts professional and informative (consider keeping your personal accounts private, and create a professional page for prospects and clients)
- Provide honest feedback to home sellers
Keeping these in mind as you go through your day and meet new people can go a long way in helping your business, and also giving your clients the best experience possible.