Vote "Yes" on
Constitutional Amendment #1
on October 14, 2017
"Do you support an amendment to exempt from property taxes materials and other property delivered to a construction site to made part of a building or other construction?
Constitutional Amendment #1 Will:
- Help Louisiana's economy by confirming that the assessment of property taxes on CWIP (Construction Work in Progress) is prohibited.
- Block a massive tax increase from harming our families, jobs, communities, and long-term investment in Louisiana's future.
- Protect our citizens from facing a large property tax increase.
- Eliminate uncertainty for anyone seeking to construct anything anywhere in the state.
- Keep Louisiana competitive for attracting new companies and thousands of jobs to the state.
constitutional amendment #1 will not:
Impact revenue of local government since CWIP is not subject to tax now.
Constitutional Amendment #1 ensures that it won't be in the future.
voting "yes" on #1 PREVENTS new taxes
Help us spread the word and education to the voting public on this issue and download the flyer for print or infographic to share online and via email. For questions, please call our office 1-800-266-8538.
Public Affairs Research Council Guide to Constitutional Amendments
The Public Affairs Research Council of Louisiana released the PAR Guide to the 2017 Constitutional Amendments. The Guide explains the potential impact of the three constitutional amendments that voters will consider on the Oct. 14 ballot statewide. This objective review will help voters understand the issues and the potential changes so they may develop their own positions on each proposition. The Guide is purely educational and does not recommend how to vote. It offers concise analysis and provides arguments of proponents and opponents. The Guide is available on PAR's website www.parlouisiana.org.
PAR is an independent voice, offering solutions to critical public issues in Louisiana through accurate, objective research and focusing public attention on those solutions.