Earn 8 hours of CE Credit for the Core Course and
8 hours CE Credit for the Residential Elective!
In order to earn NAR's Green Designation, the student must successfully
complete the 2-day Core Course being held on August 17-18 and one
of three elective courses. Elective courses are Green Residential
Real Estate, Green Commercial Real Estate, and Green Property Management.
Louisiana REALTORS® will offer the Residential elective on August
The demand for green is growing. As environmental awareness increases, more and more homes, buildings and businesses are greenwashing, or falsely claiming to be green. As an NAR Green Designee, you'll learn how to distinguish fact from fiction and receive ongoing education about green materials, energy efficient technology, green ratings, green design, green incentives, green living and more!
NAR's Green Designation Core Course gives green brokers, agents and property managers a broad understanding of green real estate principles in an easy to comprehend way. Gain substantial knowledge on green concepts, such as sustainability and smart growth, the purpose of industry ratings and evaluation standards, and much more. After completing this course, you will have the knowledge and vocabulary to:
- Explain to your clients what makes a home, building or property green
- List and market green properties
- Implement green practices into your life
- Determine the energy efficiency of a property
- Help your clients take advantage of green grants and incentives
- Assist your clients in their efforts to go green
- Build coalitions with community planners and groups to further resource-efficient communities
NAR's Green Designation Residential Elective Course provides students with the awareness and knowledge of green building principles specifically applied in residences. Learn how to guide buyer-clients in purchasing and retrofitting green homes, help sellers list and market their green properties, and be an advocate for greener homes in your community. After completing this course, you will have the green real estate education to:
- Explain the cost/benefit value of green homes and features
- Describe resource-efficient home systems, appliances, building methods and materials
- Outline the benefits of an energy audit and guide clients in obtaining one
- Recognize sources of VOCs and toxins that impact indoor air quality and the environment
- Identify allied green industry partners in your community
- Take into account green home features when developing a price or offer for a client
Green Designation Core Course August 17-18
$395– Member, Regular
$450– Member, Onsite
$450– Non-Member, Regular
here to register >>
Residential Elective August 19 (required to obtain Green Designation)
$150– Member, Regular
$200– Member, Onsite
$200– Non-Member, Regular
here to register >>
Register for both the Green Designation Core Course and the Residential Elective and save $120!
Pay just $429 for all three days in August!
Green Designation Core Course AND Residential Elective Bundle Package
$429 - Member, Regular
$450 - Member, Onsite
$450 - Non-Member, Regular
Click here to register for the bundle package >>
For more information contact, Vice President of Professional Development, Amy Phuphanich or Professional Development Assistant Lindsey Toben or call 1-800-266-8538. You can also view NAR's Green Resource Council website for more information.